This week GN solids control shipped 2 units of drilling cuttings transfer vacuum pump to Argentina, this is used together with 2 sets of drilling waste management system shipped in May, 2017. The client also bought 4 sets of cuttings screw conveyor to transfer the drilling cuttings.
Both of the cuttings vacuum pump and screw conveyor can be used to transfer the drilling cuttings to the vertical cutting dryer, also called vertical G dryer. The discharged solids from vertical cuttings dryer with OOC < 5%, the discharged fluids are transferred to the decanter centrifuge by screw pump. The vertical cuttings dryer and decanter centrifuge are the major equipments for drilling waste management system.
How to install the vacuum pump in the jobsite besides the vertical cuttings dryer?
The vacuum pump can replace the screw conveyor when the fluids content is higher in the drilling cuttings, GN will provide chargable material collection hopper to install on the top inlet of the vertical cuttings dryer. The vacuum pump will suck the drilling cuttings/ oil sludge from the waste pit with hose, the discharge line is also connect with the vertical cuttings dryer inlet top.
When the solids content is higher in the drilling cuttings, the client will use 2 sets of screw conveyor, one set is installed horizontally to collect the drilling cuttings from the solids control system, the other set is installed inslantly with less than 45 degree angle from the underground. The 2nd screw conveyor will transfer the drilling cuttings to vertical G dryer. Pls check the working video of the vacuum pump to transfer drilling cuttings or oil sludge from GN solids control wedsite.
http://www.gnsolidscontrol.com/video/gn-drilling-cuttings-or-sludge-vacuum-transfer-pump-working-video Continue reading “2 units of drilling cuttings transfer vacuum pump to South America”
When talking about an efficient waste management system especially a drilling cuttings treatment proposal, people always pay much time in treating result and capacity of decanter centrifuges and vertical cuttings dryers. Of course those core equipment are important. But a feeding pump, if it is a failure, it could become the bottle neck for the complete system.
GN Vacuum Pump successfully solved this problem at a reasonable cost. Vacuum pump is also regarded as solids transfer pump. As nearly all pumps employed in oil and gas industry, a pump has a request for liquidity of material to be transferred, but it could handle a material with solids content up to 80%. ( For pure solids, better a belt conveyor or at least screw conveyer are recommended.) And it could serve for a long distance transferring, like the recommended distance from inlet is up to 50 meters while the discharge port could be located up to 100 meters away from the pump.
GN Vacuum Pump Working Video
What material could a vacuum pump handle?
It is born for tough conditions including but not limited to following applications:
1. The drilling cuttings discharged from shale shaker, mud cleaner and decanter centrifuges.
2. Drilling mud transferring including the feeding of new mud and the drilling fluids after some treatments.
3. Cleaning the mud pit by pumping from pit bottom.
4. Tank cleaning works and tank bottom residual removal.
5. Cleaning for the bottom of barge and vessels.
6. Transferring material from silos and bulk tanks.
7. Animal waste and other waste
8. Oily sludge or slurry separation projects.
GN Vacuum pump has following features:
1. It is completely air operation, which means it need an air compressor to work together
2. It is safe and explosive proof, suitable for the Zone 1 requests.
3. There is no moving parts inside the vacuum tank.
4. Depending on jobsite condition, operator can choose a fixed one or a mobile one with wheels.
Welcome to contact GN sales team directly for more information.