As the development of energy industry and also the enhancing demand of environment protection, the oily sludge, or oily waste discharged from the energy industry are being restricted to be disposed directly. The regulations and standards are more and more rigid than before. Now all the players in this field are facing a problem: how to treat the oily sludge efficiently and safely?
GN Solids Control has provided a solution, which is proved to be suitable in both domestic China and abroad. The complete system is combined of several equipment, which serve different applications, including the functions for heating, pre-mixing, reduce the viscosity, separating out the solid particles, leveling the oil and water and finally separate out all of the 3 phases.
GNOWS series Oil Water Separator is one of the important equipment in an oily sludge separation system. It is located after the GNIPC Inclined Plate Clarifier or a GNLW decanter centrifuge to hold and further treat the liquid phase from forehand equipment, to separate the oil from water.
The working principle is gravity stratification cause by the different density of water and oil. Inlet of this equipment is the waste liquid, while the outlets are 3: the clean oil outlet, the clean water outlet and the gas release ports. Inside the GNOWS oil water separator, there is a detachable coalesce, when the oily wasted water enters the oil water separator and meets the detachable coalesce, the oil and water could be separated. Then the oil enters the oil chamber while the water enters the water chamber. The tank is designed to hold the liquid for a while for a complete separation of the 2 kinds of liquid. Outside the tank, there is a visible level meter, for the operator to observe the inside condition in time.
For this equipment, GN has different models for different treating capacities, please see details in GN website.
Recently, GN Solids Control has delivered a new set of solidificaiton unit to a client who has the reqeust to give a finanl and satisified treatment of drilling cuttings. Based on GN standard model of GNGH Solidificaiton unit and end user’s new ideas and jobsite condition, GN team designed a new customized solidificaiton unit.
Comparing with GN Standard model, this customized unit has similar main components, and same treating capacity of 15 cubic meters per hour and combined by a raw materal inlet hopper, the mixing tank, lime storage and feeding hopper, absorber storage and feeding hopper. But besides those mentioned, this customized solidification unit has following features or modifications:
1. In order to save space and easy for transportation, this new solidficaton unit uses a smaller feeding hopper for raw material, and its layout is different from before. It’s located just directly over the cylinder sized mixing tank.
2. PLC smart touching screen with 3 VFD’s for easy operation and precise adjustment for feeding speed and capacity. GNGH has 2 different models, one VFD controlled without PLC, the other is fixed speed.
3. An electrically operated valve is added to the discharge port below the mixer, this valve could be set to run automatically or under manual operation. It enables the operator to control the mixing output by adjusting the mixing time.
4. Besides those, there are two additional auxilary equipment are provided to work in a set for this system, one is hydraulic lifting platform for jacking up the feeding chemicals and cement onto the chemical and cement hoppers.
5. Th other eqiupemnt for as auxilary equipment is a belt conveyor whose feeding hoppre is below the mixing tank discharge, precisely below the electrical valve, for collecting discharges and transfer to cuttings container.
This system could do solidification continuously and discharge continuously.
GN Solids Control, as the first API certified solids control manufacturer in China and also the leading oil and gas centrifuge producer, has a full range of centrifuge models from the 9 inch diameter bowl baby centrifuge to the 30 inch diameter bowl giant centrifuge. Each year, GN produces more than 150 sets centrifuges of different sizes and GN equipment like shale shakers, shaker screens and decanter centrifuges are sold to more than 70 countries or regions in the world.
This Q/A are giving more information for choosing and getting a more comprehensive information of GN Centrifuges.
1. Why there are VFD for decanter centrifuge and also fixed speed available?
VFD control panel helps the operators to adjust the speed, the differential speed and other main parameters of centrifuge to get a suitable separating result. In drilling cuttings or drilling fluid waste management conditions, when the material condition is not stable, it is necessary to use a VFD one. But in case of solids control system of a drilling rig, when the mud condition is stable, a fixed speed control panel here is more economic, cause it requests less maintenance and easier operating. Take GNLW363CG for example, even the fixed speed one, GN could provide pulley and belt for an extra common speed.
2. What’s the main difference between the high speed decanter centrifuge and a middle speed decanter centrifuge? The rotating speed of centrifuge determines the cutting point the centrifuge could treat out, for example the GNLW452C decanter centrifuge, with a typical speed at 1800RPM is mainly used in a solids control system for barite recovery, the cutting point is 5 to 7 microns, while the GNLW453C-VFD with a typical speed of 3000RPM, which is a high speed one, cutting point is 2-5 microns.
3. What’s the difference between longer centrifuge and shorter centrifuge? The length diameter ratio is an important factor of a centrifuge. The longer centrifuge is a centrifuge with a larger length diameter ratio. The bigger this value is, the longer time material stays in centrifuge, then the dryer separating result you could get.
For more information, welcome to visit GN website of contact GN sales directly.
When talking about an efficient waste management system especially a drilling cuttings treatment proposal, people always pay much time in treating result and capacity of decanter centrifuges and vertical cuttings dryers. Of course those core equipment are important. But a feeding pump, if it is a failure, it could become the bottle neck for the complete system.
GN Vacuum Pump successfully solved this problem at a reasonable cost. Vacuum pump is also regarded as solids transfer pump. As nearly all pumps employed in oil and gas industry, a pump has a request for liquidity of material to be transferred, but it could handle a material with solids content up to 80%. ( For pure solids, better a belt conveyor or at least screw conveyer are recommended.) And it could serve for a long distance transferring, like the recommended distance from inlet is up to 50 meters while the discharge port could be located up to 100 meters away from the pump.
GN Vacuum Pump Working Video
What material could a vacuum pump handle?
It is born for tough conditions including but not limited to following applications:
1. The drilling cuttings discharged from shale shaker, mud cleaner and decanter centrifuges.
2. Drilling mud transferring including the feeding of new mud and the drilling fluids after some treatments.
3. Cleaning the mud pit by pumping from pit bottom.
4. Tank cleaning works and tank bottom residual removal.
5. Cleaning for the bottom of barge and vessels.
6. Transferring material from silos and bulk tanks.
7. Animal waste and other waste
8. Oily sludge or slurry separation projects.
GN Vacuum pump has following features:
1. It is completely air operation, which means it need an air compressor to work together
2. It is safe and explosive proof, suitable for the Zone 1 requests.
3. There is no moving parts inside the vacuum tank.
4. Depending on jobsite condition, operator can choose a fixed one or a mobile one with wheels.
Welcome to contact GN sales team directly for more information.