As the development of energy industry and also the enhancing demand of environment protection, the oily sludge, or oily waste discharged from the energy industry are being restricted to be disposed directly. The regulations and standards are more and more rigid than before. Now all the players in this field are facing a problem: how to treat the oily sludge efficiently and safely?
GN Solids Control has provided a solution, which is proved to be suitable in both domestic China and abroad. The complete system is combined of several equipment, which serve different applications, including the functions for heating, pre-mixing, reduce the viscosity, separating out the solid particles, leveling the oil and water and finally separate out all of the 3 phases.
GNOWS series Oil Water Separator is one of the important equipment in an oily sludge separation system. It is located after the GNIPC Inclined Plate Clarifier or a GNLW decanter centrifuge to hold and further treat the liquid phase from forehand equipment, to separate the oil from water.
The working principle is gravity stratification cause by the different density of water and oil. Inlet of this equipment is the waste liquid, while the outlets are 3: the clean oil outlet, the clean water outlet and the gas release ports. Inside the GNOWS oil water separator, there is a detachable coalesce, when the oily wasted water enters the oil water separator and meets the detachable coalesce, the oil and water could be separated. Then the oil enters the oil chamber while the water enters the water chamber. The tank is designed to hold the liquid for a while for a complete separation of the 2 kinds of liquid. Outside the tank, there is a visible level meter, for the operator to observe the inside condition in time.
For this equipment, GN has different models for different treating capacities, please see details in GN website.
Recently, GN Solids Control has delivered a new set of solidificaiton unit to a client who has the reqeust to give a finanl and satisified treatment of drilling cuttings. Based on GN standard model of GNGH Solidificaiton unit and end user’s new ideas and jobsite condition, GN team designed a new customized solidificaiton unit.
Comparing with GN Standard model, this customized unit has similar main components, and same treating capacity of 15 cubic meters per hour and combined by a raw materal inlet hopper, the mixing tank, lime storage and feeding hopper, absorber storage and feeding hopper. But besides those mentioned, this customized solidification unit has following features or modifications:
1. In order to save space and easy for transportation, this new solidficaton unit uses a smaller feeding hopper for raw material, and its layout is different from before. It’s located just directly over the cylinder sized mixing tank.
2. PLC smart touching screen with 3 VFD’s for easy operation and precise adjustment for feeding speed and capacity. GNGH has 2 different models, one VFD controlled without PLC, the other is fixed speed.
3. An electrically operated valve is added to the discharge port below the mixer, this valve could be set to run automatically or under manual operation. It enables the operator to control the mixing output by adjusting the mixing time.
4. Besides those, there are two additional auxilary equipment are provided to work in a set for this system, one is hydraulic lifting platform for jacking up the feeding chemicals and cement onto the chemical and cement hoppers.
5. Th other eqiupemnt for as auxilary equipment is a belt conveyor whose feeding hoppre is below the mixing tank discharge, precisely below the electrical valve, for collecting discharges and transfer to cuttings container.
This system could do solidification continuously and discharge continuously.
Since early this year in CIPPE Beijing, GN Solids Control firstly showed its big bowl decanter centrifuge GNLW764-VFD, the super bowl decanter centrifuge with a diameter of up to 30 inches, this centrifuge model got lots of attentions from the end users, especially from the construction work and piling projects. The large capacity and excellent performance is exactly what they want.
The big bowl centrifuge GNLW764-VFD has following features:
1. With a bowl of 7650mm long, while 3344mm as a bowl diameter, GNLW764 is promised to have a large treating capacity in order to be suitable for many applications.
2. Because for the large length diameter ratio, which is up to 4.4 and also a G force at 3000G by high speed rotating, this centrifuge could give a for a perfect separation result, a clearer Liquid phase after treatment.
3. Just as all centrifuge models GN provides, the liquid discharge port is easy to adjust. It helps operator to get a suitable dryness fraction by adjusting rotation speed, differential speed and liquid discharge ports.
4. Stable performance：all rotating part of the centrifuge are fabricated by five-axis machine, and well dynamic balancing tested at high speed to ensure a precise fabrication. Besides, theis model is also functioned with automatic lubrication.
5. Heavy load：GN employs a gearbox with 25000N.M torque for GNLW764-VFD for handling heavy load conditions.
6. Long service life：bowl material is duplex stainless steel SS2304 by centrifugal casting, YG8 hard tiles for impeller protection, and also YG8 material for liquid discharge ports and solids discharge ports. Genuine SKF bearings are used in order to ensure a longer service life.
7. Easy operation：with PLC smart control system，HMI visual operating screen, the operator can observe the on time working condition of the centrifuge. By adding more devices onto the centrifuge like temperature protection for bearings, vibration protection, overload protection and current monitor are all equipped fo this centrifuge, for a more convenient operation.
Centrifuges are equipment with high efficiency and various applications. Centrifuges with different sizes are used for different applications.
Like among the GN Solids Control’s centrifuge models, the fixed speed 14 inch diameter bowl GNLW363 series centrifuges and GNLW452 decanter centrifuge with 18 inch diameter bowl are widely used for the oil and gas drilling solids control systems for the barite recovery. The VFD controlled GNLW363G, GNLW453 and GNLW553 series decanter centrifuges are used for the drilling cuttings waste management when working with a GN high G drying shaker or a GN Vertical cuttings dryer which are respectively for WBM and OBM and drilling fluids treatment projects, when working together with a chemical dosing system. GNLW223 and GNLW224 decanter centrifuges are mostly used for the diamond drilling projects and some projects with small treating capacities. GNLW764 decanter centrifuge is a newly designed decanter centrifuge with a 30 inch big bowl, and a length bowl ratio as large as 4. It is specially designed for the big TBM projects, working after the shale shaker and desander plant. In some clients’ jobsite, there are 2 parallel desander units, each including one GNZS594 shale shaker and a GNZS594-2S12N mud cleaner. All fluids after treated by the 2 desander unit are transferred to the giant decanter centrifuge. On inlet of decanter centrifuge, there is a set of GNDW2000 Dewatering unit, it is used for chemical dosing for the centrifuge. It has 3 chambers for adding different chemicals for flocculating the extra fine particles into bigger ones, in order to be separated out by the centrifuge. Although after flocculation, the decanter centrifuge’s treating capacity is greatly reduced, GNLW764 could still handle a large capacity upto 90 cbm per hour.
Except for the giant centrifuge, other sections of the system are all designed into 20 ft containers. Even the shaker and mud cleaner are in frames with container corners. It is easy for transportation and layout.
If you need more information, welcome to contact GN Sales team directly.
By using an efficient solution of the drilling cuttings waste management system and treat the solids well, the particles could be dryer and even reach the standards to be discharged, meanwhile, the expensive drilling fluids could be collected and put back to the drilling system.
Ever since year 2013 when GN Solids Control firstly designed and put into reality the GNCD930 series cuttings dryer, GN has designed 2 kinds of drilling cuttings treating system, both combined by following equipment: 1. GNCD930 vertical cuttings dryer. It is like a drying step of a washing machine, by high speed vertical drying, the liquid phase, drilling fluid passes the mesh of the cone sized basket, while the solids phase, the cuttings, fall down to the discharge port. After treatment of GNCD930, the OCC could be less than 5%. And according to different cuttings condition, GN gives 3 optional mesh opening sizes. Clients could prepare all of the three for different conditions.
GNCD930 Vertical cuttings dryers are firstly designed for the OBM and SBM, but per some clients’ feedback, it could be useful for some water based mud, too.
2. After the GNCD930 vertical cuttings dryer, the drilling cuttings are collected while the drilling fluid falls into a container and to be pumped to next step, the GNLW363 series decanter centrifuges. GNLW363 series decanter centrifuges are the super star among GN centrifuge models. In every 10 sets of GN Centrifuges, 7 are GNLW363 decanter centrifuges. It has the medium size and more optional control panels for option. In solids control system, clients always choose fixed speed GNLW363, while in drilling cuttings waste management or drilling fluid treatment project, the VFD model with PLC control panels are more popular. In some none explosive conditions, clients could choose the more economic model, while in some countries and regions when IECEX or ATEX is a must, GN also have those models for option.
3. GNSC series screw conveyors. By providing screw conveyors of different diameters and length, GN has 12 models for option. Clients could choose per the transporting capacity and distance to be transported.