This week GN solids control shipped 2 units of drilling cuttings transfer vacuum pump to Argentina, this is used together with 2 sets of drilling waste management system shipped in May, 2017. The client also bought 4 sets of cuttings screw conveyor to transfer the drilling cuttings.
Both of the cuttings vacuum pump and screw conveyor can be used to transfer the drilling cuttings to the vertical cutting dryer, also called vertical G dryer. The discharged solids from vertical cuttings dryer with OOC < 5%, the discharged fluids are transferred to the decanter centrifuge by screw pump. The vertical cuttings dryer and decanter centrifuge are the major equipments for drilling waste management system.
How to install the vacuum pump in the jobsite besides the vertical cuttings dryer?
The vacuum pump can replace the screw conveyor when the fluids content is higher in the drilling cuttings, GN will provide chargable material collection hopper to install on the top inlet of the vertical cuttings dryer. The vacuum pump will suck the drilling cuttings/ oil sludge from the waste pit with hose, the discharge line is also connect with the vertical cuttings dryer inlet top.
When the solids content is higher in the drilling cuttings, the client will use 2 sets of screw conveyor, one set is installed horizontally to collect the drilling cuttings from the solids control system, the other set is installed inslantly with less than 45 degree angle from the underground. The 2nd screw conveyor will transfer the drilling cuttings to vertical G dryer. Pls check the working video of the vacuum pump to transfer drilling cuttings or oil sludge from GN solids control wedsite.
http://www.gnsolidscontrol.com/video/gn-drilling-cuttings-or-sludge-vacuum-transfer-pump-working-video Continue reading “2 units of drilling cuttings transfer vacuum pump to South America”
Recently, GN Solids Control has delivered a new set of solidificaiton unit to a client who has the reqeust to give a finanl and satisified treatment of drilling cuttings. Based on GN standard model of GNGH Solidificaiton unit and end user’s new ideas and jobsite condition, GN team designed a new customized solidificaiton unit.
Comparing with GN Standard model, this customized unit has similar main components, and same treating capacity of 15 cubic meters per hour and combined by a raw materal inlet hopper, the mixing tank, lime storage and feeding hopper, absorber storage and feeding hopper. But besides those mentioned, this customized solidification unit has following features or modifications:
1. In order to save space and easy for transportation, this new solidficaton unit uses a smaller feeding hopper for raw material, and its layout is different from before. It’s located just directly over the cylinder sized mixing tank.
2. PLC smart touching screen with 3 VFD’s for easy operation and precise adjustment for feeding speed and capacity. GNGH has 2 different models, one VFD controlled without PLC, the other is fixed speed.
3. An electrically operated valve is added to the discharge port below the mixer, this valve could be set to run automatically or under manual operation. It enables the operator to control the mixing output by adjusting the mixing time.
4. Besides those, there are two additional auxilary equipment are provided to work in a set for this system, one is hydraulic lifting platform for jacking up the feeding chemicals and cement onto the chemical and cement hoppers.
5. Th other eqiupemnt for as auxilary equipment is a belt conveyor whose feeding hoppre is below the mixing tank discharge, precisely below the electrical valve, for collecting discharges and transfer to cuttings container.
This system could do solidification continuously and discharge continuously.
GN Solids Control, as the first API certified solids control manufacturer in China and also the leading oil and gas centrifuge producer, has a full range of centrifuge models from the 9 inch diameter bowl baby centrifuge to the 30 inch diameter bowl giant centrifuge. Each year, GN produces more than 150 sets centrifuges of different sizes and GN equipment like shale shakers, shaker screens and decanter centrifuges are sold to more than 70 countries or regions in the world.
This Q/A are giving more information for choosing and getting a more comprehensive information of GN Centrifuges.
1. Why there are VFD for decanter centrifuge and also fixed speed available?
VFD control panel helps the operators to adjust the speed, the differential speed and other main parameters of centrifuge to get a suitable separating result. In drilling cuttings or drilling fluid waste management conditions, when the material condition is not stable, it is necessary to use a VFD one. But in case of solids control system of a drilling rig, when the mud condition is stable, a fixed speed control panel here is more economic, cause it requests less maintenance and easier operating. Take GNLW363CG for example, even the fixed speed one, GN could provide pulley and belt for an extra common speed.
2. What’s the main difference between the high speed decanter centrifuge and a middle speed decanter centrifuge? The rotating speed of centrifuge determines the cutting point the centrifuge could treat out, for example the GNLW452C decanter centrifuge, with a typical speed at 1800RPM is mainly used in a solids control system for barite recovery, the cutting point is 5 to 7 microns, while the GNLW453C-VFD with a typical speed of 3000RPM, which is a high speed one, cutting point is 2-5 microns.
3. What’s the difference between longer centrifuge and shorter centrifuge? The length diameter ratio is an important factor of a centrifuge. The longer centrifuge is a centrifuge with a larger length diameter ratio. The bigger this value is, the longer time material stays in centrifuge, then the dryer separating result you could get.
For more information, welcome to visit GN website of contact GN sales directly.
Since early this year in CIPPE Beijing, GN Solids Control firstly showed its big bowl decanter centrifuge GNLW764-VFD, the super bowl decanter centrifuge with a diameter of up to 30 inches, this centrifuge model got lots of attentions from the end users, especially from the construction work and piling projects. The large capacity and excellent performance is exactly what they want.
The big bowl centrifuge GNLW764-VFD has following features:
1. With a bowl of 7650mm long, while 3344mm as a bowl diameter, GNLW764 is promised to have a large treating capacity in order to be suitable for many applications.
2. Because for the large length diameter ratio, which is up to 4.4 and also a G force at 3000G by high speed rotating, this centrifuge could give a for a perfect separation result, a clearer Liquid phase after treatment.
3. Just as all centrifuge models GN provides, the liquid discharge port is easy to adjust. It helps operator to get a suitable dryness fraction by adjusting rotation speed, differential speed and liquid discharge ports.
4. Stable performance：all rotating part of the centrifuge are fabricated by five-axis machine, and well dynamic balancing tested at high speed to ensure a precise fabrication. Besides, theis model is also functioned with automatic lubrication.
5. Heavy load：GN employs a gearbox with 25000N.M torque for GNLW764-VFD for handling heavy load conditions.
6. Long service life：bowl material is duplex stainless steel SS2304 by centrifugal casting, YG8 hard tiles for impeller protection, and also YG8 material for liquid discharge ports and solids discharge ports. Genuine SKF bearings are used in order to ensure a longer service life.
7. Easy operation：with PLC smart control system，HMI visual operating screen, the operator can observe the on time working condition of the centrifuge. By adding more devices onto the centrifuge like temperature protection for bearings, vibration protection, overload protection and current monitor are all equipped fo this centrifuge, for a more convenient operation.
As the leading manufacturer of solids control and drilling waste management systems and equipments, GN Solids Control has a complete series of decanter centrifuges which are suitable for oil and gas industry. Those centrifuges cover a wide range of optional bowl diameters including 9 inch diameter bowl, 14 inch diameter bowl, 18 inch diameter bowl and 22 inch diameter bowl.
GN Centrifuges are widely used for industries of following:
oil and gas solids control,
drilling cuttings waste management
drilling fluid waste management
Among GNLW series decanter centrifuges, you can find the suitable model for both the weighted mud and unweighted mud, and GN has high speed decanter centrifuge and middle speed decanter centrifuge respectively for 2-5 microns and 5-7 microns solids particles separation work. And GNLW series decanter centrifuges could use VFD control panel, in this case, for the same decanter centrifuge, end user could use it at any bowl rotating speed from 0 RPM to the maximum RPM of the centrifuge designed RPM. Like GNLW363CG-VFD, the max speed is 3900RPM and it could be used as both solids control decanter centrifuge and drilling waste management decanter centrifuge.
Besides using the decanter centrifuge for the physical separation, GN Solids Control’s new products, which employed in the chemical and thermal solutions also use Decanter Centrifuges as below:
Dewatering unit and dewatering centrifuge. Dewatering unit is to use some chemicals to flocculate the extra fine particles into larger ones, and the next move is to separate it out with decanter centrifuge or filter press. GN Decanter centrifuge is used for dewatering centrifuge and the efficiency could reach 95%.
Thermal Desorption Unit, it is used to separate the liquid phase from the solids, and then use thermal way to burn the oil from the solid and separate the oil and water by an oil water separator, in this case, decanter centrifuge is the first step for separation.
If you have specific request, or need more information for reference, welcome to contact GN directly.