Since early this year in CIPPE Beijing, GN Solids Control firstly showed its big bowl decanter centrifuge GNLW764-VFD, the super bowl decanter centrifuge with a diameter of up to 30 inches, this centrifuge model got lots of attentions from the end users, especially from the construction work and piling projects. The large capacity and excellent performance is exactly what they want.
The big bowl centrifuge GNLW764-VFD has following features:
1. With a bowl of 7650mm long, while 3344mm as a bowl diameter, GNLW764 is promised to have a large treating capacity in order to be suitable for many applications.
2. Because for the large length diameter ratio, which is up to 4.4 and also a G force at 3000G by high speed rotating, this centrifuge could give a for a perfect separation result, a clearer Liquid phase after treatment.
3. Just as all centrifuge models GN provides, the liquid discharge port is easy to adjust. It helps operator to get a suitable dryness fraction by adjusting rotation speed, differential speed and liquid discharge ports.
4. Stable performance：all rotating part of the centrifuge are fabricated by five-axis machine, and well dynamic balancing tested at high speed to ensure a precise fabrication. Besides, theis model is also functioned with automatic lubrication.
5. Heavy load：GN employs a gearbox with 25000N.M torque for GNLW764-VFD for handling heavy load conditions.
6. Long service life：bowl material is duplex stainless steel SS2304 by centrifugal casting, YG8 hard tiles for impeller protection, and also YG8 material for liquid discharge ports and solids discharge ports. Genuine SKF bearings are used in order to ensure a longer service life.
7. Easy operation：with PLC smart control system，HMI visual operating screen, the operator can observe the on time working condition of the centrifuge. By adding more devices onto the centrifuge like temperature protection for bearings, vibration protection, overload protection and current monitor are all equipped fo this centrifuge, for a more convenient operation.
Centrifuges are equipment with high efficiency and various applications. Centrifuges with different sizes are used for different applications.
Like among the GN Solids Control’s centrifuge models, the fixed speed 14 inch diameter bowl GNLW363 series centrifuges and GNLW452 decanter centrifuge with 18 inch diameter bowl are widely used for the oil and gas drilling solids control systems for the barite recovery. The VFD controlled GNLW363G, GNLW453 and GNLW553 series decanter centrifuges are used for the drilling cuttings waste management when working with a GN high G drying shaker or a GN Vertical cuttings dryer which are respectively for WBM and OBM and drilling fluids treatment projects, when working together with a chemical dosing system. GNLW223 and GNLW224 decanter centrifuges are mostly used for the diamond drilling projects and some projects with small treating capacities. GNLW764 decanter centrifuge is a newly designed decanter centrifuge with a 30 inch big bowl, and a length bowl ratio as large as 4. It is specially designed for the big TBM projects, working after the shale shaker and desander plant. In some clients’ jobsite, there are 2 parallel desander units, each including one GNZS594 shale shaker and a GNZS594-2S12N mud cleaner. All fluids after treated by the 2 desander unit are transferred to the giant decanter centrifuge. On inlet of decanter centrifuge, there is a set of GNDW2000 Dewatering unit, it is used for chemical dosing for the centrifuge. It has 3 chambers for adding different chemicals for flocculating the extra fine particles into bigger ones, in order to be separated out by the centrifuge. Although after flocculation, the decanter centrifuge’s treating capacity is greatly reduced, GNLW764 could still handle a large capacity upto 90 cbm per hour.
Except for the giant centrifuge, other sections of the system are all designed into 20 ft containers. Even the shaker and mud cleaner are in frames with container corners. It is easy for transportation and layout.
If you need more information, welcome to contact GN Sales team directly.
Comparing with the most commonly used 14 inch decanter centrifuges, the GNLW452 and GNLW453 Decanter Centrifuges of 18 inch bowl and GNLW553 decanter centrifuge of 22 inch bowl are already called big bowl centrifuges. In this case, the newly on show GNLW764A-VFD Decanter Centrifuge could be a giant centrifuge, because the bowl diameter is 30 inch while the length-diameter ratio is 4.4 to one.
This design is suitable for handling the large capacity with a single unit of centrifuge. And the special design and best material chosen makes the GNLW764 decanter centrifuge to have a good performance and longer service life.
Besides GNLW764A-VFD decanter centrifuge, GN also has designed GNLW554D-VFD decanter centrifuge, which is also of large length diameter ratio up to 4, it is quite suitable for the waste water treatment projects.
Just like all of GN high standard decanter centrifuges, GNLW764 and GNLW554 decanter centrifuge share all following features:
1. Electric components are of Siemens, ABB or Schneider, all of world best brands.
2. For the VFD control panels, GN provide positive pressurized control panel and has air conditioning system for cooling as option.
3. Bowl main body material is made of duplex stainless steel SS2205.
4. Impeller protection is with tungsten carbide tiles, for longer service life and easier keeping the dynamic balancing.
5. Solids discharge port is made of special ceramic or tungsten carbide inserts, to have a longer service life.
6. Flexible adjustable liquid level ponds, to change the drying level of treated material.
Also, for the CIPPE 2017 which was held in Beijing, GN Solids Control also showed the fully hydraulic decanter centrifuge, of 14 inch bowl diameter. It is preferred by some clients from extremely high temperature condition and where the electric power is limited.
GN decanter centrifuges are widely used for drilling rig solids control system, the drilling waste management system, for the dewatering system, for TBM project separation works, and also for the oily sludge separation projects and soil remediation projects.
If you have any question or need more information, please fell free to contact GN sales team directly or visit GN factory near Beijing, Capital of China.