The Drilling Cuttings Management System is used for recovering drilling fluids from drilling cuttings as much as possible for reuse, which can save cost and protect environment.
There are two kinds of Drilling Cuttings, Oil based drilling cuttings and Water based drilling cuttings.
For oil based drilling cuttings, GN Company’s System can reduce the oil on the cuttings to 3%-5%.
For water based drilling cuttings, GN Company’s System can reduce moisture content for easy transportation.
This Xinjiang client ordered Oil Based Drilling Cuttings Treatment System. Oil Based Drilling Cuttings Treatment System includes two parts, cuttings drying module and fine solids removing module.
Cuttings Drying Module, its key equipment is Vertical Cuttings Dryer. Its working procedure is feeding Drilling Cuttings into Vertical Cuttings Dryer, then separating oil from cuttings, and passing through the screen opening to the collection groove inside the dryer unit, it is achieved by centrifugal force. Opening size of the dryer screen is designed of 250, 350 and 500 microns as options for different size cuttings drying. And vertical cuttings dryer is equipped with flushing system and air knife system for cleaning of the mud collection groove and screen, in order to avoid block.
Fine Solids Removing Module, its key equipment is decanter centrifuge. The liquid effluence discharged from the cutting dryer would be pumped into decanter centrifuge for polishing treatment to remove the fine solids in drilling fluids. GN Company can manufacture decanter centrifuge from 9 inch (220mm) ~ 30 inch (760mm), with bowl length and diameter ration up to 4.2, and adjustable G force up to 3000G, for reaching client’s requirement in different projects.
Welcome to contact GN Company for technical specifications and work site reference.
It is always a big headache for dealing with the Mud from our activity. GN provides a reliable solution—Decanter Centrifuge.
GN Decanter Centrifuge is designed for the drilling mud solids control and oilfield waste management. GN VFD drive decanter centrifuge with variable speed allows Drilling Contractor or Mud Service Company to do the barite recovery, fine/ultra-fine solids separation, dewatering centrifuge. GN has the decanter centrifuge from 9 inch bowl to 22 inch bowl available for different applications. GN decanter centrifuge bowl length and diameter ration is over 3, this gives the best result!
• Patent Design with the highest configuration and best material for long and reliable service.
• Bowl Cylindrical and Conical section made from Duplex Stainless Steel 2304 by centrifugal casting.
• Other Parts of the bowl assembly material: stainless steel SS304.
• Screw protection: Tungsten Carbide Tiles for longer life and easier replacement.
• Screw flow distribution port and bowl solids discharge port protected by tungsten carbide alloy.
• Easily adjustable liquid discharge weir height for flexible application.
• Bowl assembly supported by tighten belt for protection of bearing in moving.
• Pressurized EX Proof VFD control cabinet with PLC controlled.
• Genuine SKF bearing for longer and reliable operation.
GN dewatering centrifuge is working well for Tunneling in Singapore, our engineer just finished the first time installation and commissioning there and back to China. As per client’s request, our engineer can fly to the client’s site to support them for the first time installation, commissioning and training. If the equipments will work well or not, it will mostly depend on the proper maintenance and operation, we will train the client’s engineer how to operate it and how to do the maintenance.
The dewatering centrifuge system for Tunneling is to treat the waste mud / sludge/ water and reuse the water, the discharged solids should be dry enough to collect by bags then shipped by truck. The configuration is as below:
1) GNLW363-VFD decanter centrifuge is widely used for dewatering unit to treat the waste water
2) Chemical dosing system/ flocculation system
3) 20ft container with windows and doors.
4) Netzsch brand screw pump as the feeding pump of decanter centrifuge, which is the ideal feeding pump to control the frequency to control the flow rate, compared with centrifugal pump and slurry pump, it works more steadily.
Before feeding to the decanter centrifuge, we suggest the client to use a screen/ filter or high G drying shaker / desander / desilter before the dewatering centrifuge system, the purpose is to prevent course solids enter into the centrifuge and the screw will be damaged and centrifuge will be blocked. The core components of the centrifuge is the screw, GN centrifuge screw is completely made by stainless steel, and protected by tungsten carbide tiles, the fluids distribution port is protected by tungsten carbide alloy for wear resistant. Continue reading “GN dewatering centrifuge for Tunneling in Singapore”
This week 2 units of VFD decanter centrifuge ready for shipment to India for ONGC project in GN factory. The clients ordered 2 units of GNLW453C-VFD with screw pump for their solids control system with their customized painting color.
GNLW453C-VFD centrifuge with 18inch bowl and 61inch length, the max G force is up to 2578G, considering the high temperature in India, the positive pressurized VFD control panel with air conditioner for cooling, in some countries with environmental temperature less than 40 degree, the VFD control panel attached cooling tube for cooling. The frequency converter of the main motor, back drive motor and pump motor is all made of ABB brand, the other electric components are also world famous brand like Siemens/ schneider/ ABB, the motor and VFD control panel are all ATEX approval and suitable for 460V/60HZ, 3 phase and apply for zone 1 application.
Features of GN decanter centrifuge:
1) Different with other Chinese centrifuge manufacturer, GN use SKF bearings, since bearing block is the most important part for centrifuge, we use more reliable brand bearing to improve the centrifuge working life and reduce maintenance cost.
2) The screw is completely made of stainless steel, the impeller is protected by tungsten carbide tiles, the fluids distribution port is protected by tungsten alloy and interchangeable. Continue reading “2 units of decanter centrifuge ready for shipment”
This week GN shipped one set of containerized drilling cuttings treatment system and several units of shale shaker to Russia. This is not the first containerized drilling cuttings treatment system sold to Russia, because of the low temperature in Russia area, the client do not want to stop operation in the long winter, this customized design is to keep the drilling fluids warm and prevent it from get frozen.
The containerized drilling cuttings treatment system including one unit of vertical G dryer with fluids collection tank, one mud agitator installed on top of the collection tank. The centrifuge feeding pump transfer the mud from fluids collection tank to the decanter centrifuge to separate more solids from the fluids, the final discharged solids can be reused for the drilling rig or used to prepare for new drilling fluids. The solids discharged from the vertical G dryer is with OOC < 5% like powder, they will be transferred by the screw conveyor to the cuttings box outside the container. One unit of 4kw screw pump is used as flashing pump of the vertical G dryer. The whole drilling cuttings system treating capacity is 40m3/h for oil based drilling cuttings, the decanter centrifuge with VFD control panel can be used to separate the fine solids from the fluids, the separation cut point is 2~5 microns.
The client also ordered several units of GNZS594 shale shaker with 4 panel composite material frame shaker screens, the screen size is 585x1165mm, the total screen area is 2.73m2, the G force is high up to 7.5G.