Mud Agitator is one of the solids control equipments that are mainly used for you to mixing the drilling body fluids in the mud tanks to hold the solids inside the drilling fluids suspending other than sedimentation down to the tank bottom level.
GN’s sales team ever gotten many inquiries on the mud agitators; unfortunately, most of the buyers have no idea on how to choose the right product suchs mud agitator, shale shker, mud cleaner, decanter centrifuge, etc. for their project and even seldom know how to use the equipment adequately to ensure a longer life time. GN’s sales are good at comprehension clients’ specific request simply by asking few simple concerns. With the answer from the buyers, GN always could provide the best proposal for clientele. Now let’s see precisely what these questions are and exactly information GN need to give you a proposal.
a. What is the on the inside dimension of the mud tank or pit. From this concern, GN will know the inside duration, width and depth in the mud tank, and then GN will know how long the agitator shaft should be suggested to get clients and how big impeller should be used. For the deeply mud tank or ditch, the stabilizer will be presented to hold the agitator length for stable performance.
c. What is the shape of the mud tank, cylinder or square? Then GN will know tips on how to design the mud agitator.
chemical. What is the electric specification, generally GN would like to know the work site electric voltage and occurrence. Different countries may have various frequency, the 50 Hertz motor cannot be used beneath 60 Hz, and protection is ever the first believe we should keep in mind.
d. Will be S. G. of the chemical? For very thick water, GN will propose greater horse power motor to drive the particular agitator.
For some clients who have get the mud agitators through GN and make the mud tank by themselves, GN often recommends them to make the mud tank with same way of measuring, thus they can get the agitator all same model, which will be much better for clients’ future maintenance. GN advise the RPM setting on the mud agitator between 40-96, too high will disturb the actual solids suspending, while lacking will lead to solids sedimentation.
We have one consumer from Africa; require products & services for Winter Desorption Unit (TUD). Your customer gives requirements as down below:
1) Leak proof skips and waste oil aquariums (i. e., offshore mobile tanks) for the collection of
NAF drilled cuttings and other NAF rig wastes at THE CLEINT’s drilling rigs.
2) Pier access for PSVs supplied by THE CLEINT.
3) Dockside services (i. e., employees, cranes, and forklifts) intended for loading / offloading skips/waste oil tanks from the PSVs and loading the skips and / or waste oil fish tanks on trucks.
4) Passenger trucks for hauling the skips and / or waste oil storage containers to and from the treatment center and within the treatment facility and with hauling treated residue in the treatment facility to the landfill.
5) Treatment facility for the thermal digesting of NAF drilled cuttings and other NAF rig toxins, including any containers essential for transporting the treated silt to the landfill. Treatment facility should certainly have sufficient space to support filled skips and shop empty skips until indexed by THE CLEINT. Treatment facility should certainly have capability to recover, retail store and transport base essential oil from treated cuttings for the dock
6) Hazardous waste materials landfill for treated deposit disposal.
As we are genuine solids control and drilling waste management equipment producer, we cannot offer the services. But we recommend specialist drilling waste management vendor to them. In this case, we can cohesiveness with the Service Company, and give very good equipment and service to the bottom user.
The main equipment stated in the project is heat desorption unit (TUD), GN can offer mobile thermal desorption unit (TUD), including Serving Hopper, burner, thermal desorption unit, cyclone dust parting, vapor recovery unit, essential oil water separator, water tank, cooling tower, water screen duster, condenser, process control etc .
Except for TDU, GN Solids Control also create all line of solids control equipment, eg. Shale shaker, decanter centrifuge, mud cleaner, agitator, centrifugal pump, 1000gpm mud cleaning system, 500gpm mud system etc .
As more and more GNLW series decanter centrifuges are using in oil and gas drilling and drilling waste management systems, GN Solids Control sometimes are regarded as a professional centrifuge manufacturer, and some clients are using GN centrifuge in other industries as sludge separation, waste water separation and other applications.
Comparing with drilling waste management systems, the separation of waste water need the centrifuge to work at a comparably lower differential speed, which is also the speed for conveying the solids phase in the bowl.
Why? Why not a high differential speed?
1. First of all, a high speed for conveying the material may mix the liquid and the solids, and the whole centrifuge would be working as a mud agitator, in this case, the centrifuge is not an efficient separation equipment.
2. Secondly, in order to treat the waste water, the end user need to add some chemical into the material, to change the size or the chemical composition of the waste water. In condition of a high differential speed, the useful chemicals may be discharged together with the liquid at the liquid outlet.
3. Thirdly, when there is chemicals in the material to be treated, and the centrifuge’s differential speed is high, there would be quite much of bubbles and foams. It would give negative affect on the separation result.
GNLW363CG-VFD is an idea choice for the waste water separation projects, because this is the highest standard decanter centrifuge internationally, GN uses best material for the decanter centrifuge bowl as SS2205 which is more strong and more anti-corrosive.
And for the control panel, GN has positive pressurized control panel for easily choose the suitable bowl speed and differential speed. When the aimed bowl speed and differential speed are entered into the PLC control panel, the program will calculate out a suitable back motor speed automatically.
May you need more information, pls contact GN Solids Control.